Gain experience working with our pasture raised livestock.
Our livestock team is dedicated to the exceptional care of our pasture raised livestock while also tending to the health of the earth. Our team works with cattle, pigs, sheep and poultry to develop better standards and practices for growers in the mid-South, improving animal management and land stewardship simultaneously.
- Assist with daily livestock management chores
- Support maintenance and improvements to fencing, brooders, and other infrastructure
- Monitor animal health and welfare
- Safely Operate Machinery, Tools, Equipment
Perks of Volunteering at the Heifer Ranch
- Valuable experience working with our sustainably raised pastured livestock
- On-site housing and amenities
- Small daily stipend
- A community of likeminded individuals working towards a sustainable future
Do you have a passion for sustainable agriculture and food systems? Are you looking to grow your experience as a farmer or chef, while helping with Heifer International’s mission to end hunger and poverty? If you are interested in volunteering at the Heifer Ranch in Arkansas, please enter your information below. Volunteers must be 18 years or older and pass a background check. Volunteers serve approximately 40 hours per week, in exchange for on-site housing, a small living stipend, and hands on experience.