Make a Major Difference
A gift or pledge of $25,000 or greater is a significant investment in the mission to end hunger and poverty. At this level of giving, entire communities will feel the impact of your generosity.
Income Generation in Nepal
Women in Nepal are generating new income sources for their families and communities. They are creating their own small businesses from the knowledge and experience of working with Heifer International. By investing in their communities, they are building a cycle of hope and transformation. Vicki Clarke, Heifer International Philanthropy Officer, shares their story.
Your gift can:
- Substantially contribute to the expansion of programs around the world
- Fund a project's farmer training costs
- Outfit a community with the technical supplies they need, including livestock, seeds and trees
- Fund our work in a specific country or fund a significant portion of a project in a country
- Be used as a matching incentive to leverage other corporate, foundation, governmental and/or individual gifts
- A personal relationship with a Philanthropy Director who will shepherd you through this transformational commitment
- In-person and phone updates on how your gift is being used to its full potential
- Timely reports on the impact your investment has made
- Select mailings, including our Annual Report
- Exclusive invitations to special events and reserved seating when appropriate
- Special access to Heifer International staff including country office directors and the executive team
Let us match your passions and interests with areas of great need. Contact the Philanthropy Director in your region.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make a major gift?
Major gifts may be made as outright gifts of cash or securities, as pledges payable over a period of time (typically three years) or as planned gifts. Contact a Philanthropy Director in your area to discuss these options.
Will my gift be restricted or unrestricted?
That is entirely up to you.
Is this an endowment?
A major gift can be applied to our work going on now or can be placed in the Heifer Foundation endowment. Heifer endowment funds are carefully managed to protect the principal, which grows over time, to make increasing payouts to our mission. Our Philanthropy Directors can walk you through both gift options.