$1.6 million in Grass Roots Farmers' Cooperative cumulative sales
We believe that the collective power of economic development, food security and nutrition, and environmental sustainability can empower small-scale farmers on the path to living incomes. When those components are multiplied by the positive impacts of gender equality and social capital, communities achieve greater resilience and a sustainable reduction in hunger and poverty.
- 52%increase in milk revenues for dairy hubs
- Targeting 30,0000 women in Cambodia to achieve food security
- Defining a Living Income
- Livestock ownership improves dietary diversity, and expanded ownership alters the local food economy to influence food consumption by households lacking farm animals.
- Heifer boosts 20,000 farmers
- Climate-Smart Practices
- 1,749,700 moringa trees planted throughout Asia
- The Aftermath of Hurricane Matthew in Haiti
- Examining the Influence of Agro-ecological Factors
- 10,000 biodigesters will be built by 2019 in Senegal with the support of our Blue Flames project. This goal will reduce firewood consumption by an estimated 450,000 tons, and substitute chemical fertilizer with bio-slurry for improved soil fertility.
- Improving Maternal & Infant Health
- The Importance of Animal Source Foods
- 11%boost in dietary diversity
- Bees are Better Than Barriers
- Livestock ownership improves dietary diversity, and expanded livestock ownership alters the local food economy to influence food consumption by households lacking farm animals.