In This Article
- Grow your own aloe vera at home and permanently mark it off your grocery list.
- Treat yourself to a selection of some of the most beautiful and interesting animals from Guatemala.
- Some libraries are tracking just how much money people are saving by using their services, and it's thousands.
- The extra effort to recycle your old devices is worth it: the Earth could potentially run out of the rare elements we use to make the tech we depend on.
The secret to securing iconic looks and the devotion of the Roman empire could be growing on your windowsill right now. Egyptian royalty Nefertiti and Cleopatra both folded aloe vera gel into their beauty routines for smooth and healthy skin. And dermatologists recommend aloe vera as a natural remedy for sunburns and minor skin irritations.
Grow your own crop of this health and beauty superstar in three easy steps:
- Plant in a sand and potting soil mixture with lots of drainage
- Water once a week
- Break off a piece and rub the gel inside on your skin!
Some days you need to revel in the wonders of nature. Today is that day. Meet some of the rare and fascinating fauna living in Guatemala! Some you may have heard of. Others? Probably not. I’m talking tiny, adorable jungle cats, the world’s loudest monkeys, potentially deadly pig-creatures and more! Side note: did you know that Guatemala is one of the most ecologically diverse countries on the planet? Neither did I.
Hot Tip: Your Your Local Library Could Save You Thousands
Attention readers! In the age of downloading a book you want to read or listen to with the click of a button, you may have forgotten about the library. Well, it’s time to take a stroll down memory lane because, if for no other reason, of all the cash money you can save by availing yourself of your local library.
Even more important, supporting libraries is vital because of how effectively they help fight inequality.
How to Recycle: Technology Edition
Admit it, you have a drawer full of old phones, computers and other devices squirreled away somewhere. You’re not alone. It’s probably because people don’t know how to recycle their gadgets. It’s important to look up how to recycle your technology locally, because rare elements used to make smartphones and the other devices we depend on now could potentially run dry.
Exceptional Paradigm Shift
I don’t know who needs to hear this but: you don’t have to be extraordinary. Get a new perspective on unpacking this all-too-common worldview and learn a few tips to give yourself a break.