Read to Feed 1-2 All Lessons
These lessons focus on the on the concept of community and the connections between members of a community. Based on "Flora and the Runaway Rooster" by John Claude Bemis, the lessons have a geographic focus on the continent of Africa. Each lesson was developed, reviewed and tested by an advisory group of professional educators from a variety of schools across the United States.
Ready to get started?
Please fill out the following form to receive an email with your free resources.
Recommended for first and second grades, each unit is multidisciplinary and aligned with Common Core standards for English Language Arts and Math, Next Generation Science, C3 Standards for Social Studies, and professional organization standards for the Visual Arts and others.
- Read to Feed Leader's Guide
- Real Kids, Real Animals: Read to Feed Student's Guide
- Lessons 1-9
- The Story of Flora and the Runaway Rooster
- Read to Feed Student Goal Bookmarks
- Read to Feed Animal Coloring Pages
- Read to Feed Classroom Goal Poster
- Read to Feed Certificate
- Read to Feed Donation Form and Envelope