Every week we feature a fun and/or educational activity you can try at home or in the classroom.
Hey local readers! Looking for some family fun this Saturday? With our “Heifer Hour” activities at Heifer Village, we’ve got you covered!
Did you know that one Saturday a month, right here in Little Rock, Heifer Village hosts “Heifer Hour,” featuring a craft, game, children’s book or outdoor activity to help teach kids about caring for the Earth and for other people? Come on out to Heifer Village this Saturday, September 14, from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm for Heifer Hour September: Trees Are Terrific! We’ll learn together why trees are important and how they help people and the Earth, while crafting a tree with fingerprint art and repurposed paper products. See you there!
Need directions? Look no further.
Looking for future Heifer Hour dates? You’re in the know:
- October 12th–Scarecrows: Our Garden Friends
- November 9th–Turkey Time
- December 14th–Going Wild: Dynamic Dioramas
Not local? That’s okay, you can make your paper tree at home!
What you’ll need:
- cardstock or recycled cardboard
- Toilet paper roll
- Red, orange, yellow, brown and green paint
How to make your Paper Tree:
- Cut out the tree top from your cardstock or recycled cardboard.
- Have your child use their fingers to dot the different colors of paint onto the tree top cut out.
- Cut two inch-long slits on one end of the toilet paper roll, so that they are across from each other. Once your tree top is dry, slide the tree top into the cuts on the toilet paper roll.
Did you know that you can give the gift of trees through Heifer International? Give seedlings to help end hunger and poverty and care for the Earth.