If you've ever wondered where chocolate comes from, the Holiday issue of World Ark is for you. Travel deep into the Amazon rainforest of Bolivia with Heifer Bolivia staff, Senior Editor Austin Bailey and award-winning photographer and videographer Dave Anderson to learn how small farmers there are preserving the forest to develop a sustainable income for future generations.
Shopping for a goat this season for someone who has it all? Consider getting your goat for Nepal, where Heifer's new Livestock Value Chain program will assist 138,000 families throughout the country. Learn how women are taking their goat businesses step by step out of hunger and poverty.
Other articles and tidbits include:
- A feature on Kenya's pastoralist camel project
- An exclusive interview with fantasy author Patrick Rothfuss
- Insight into the world of USAID with Administrator Rajiv Shah
- A review of Paul Farmer's new book
- The Most Important Gift Catalog in the World