If you've been looking for a way to spend less and give more, there's an app for that. it's called Instead. It helps you see how your small daily purchases can add up to make big change in the world.
"Instead is a new micro-donation app for nonprofits that enourages people to live within or below their means in order to give."
How does it work? Well, it's simple.
1. You decide what you want to start to give up. Maybe your daily take-out coffee habit? Or decide to go out to eat less.
2. Next, you decide how much you want to donate.
Give up your daily $4 takeout coffee habit during the week? Then give that money INSTEAD to a charity (think Heifer).
3. Choose your nonprofit. You will see a list to choose from, but I recommend you choose Heifer!
4. After you pick your nonprofit, the app asks for your name and credit card number.
This is safe and secure through their security platform.
5. You give instead of spending.
Change the world a little at a time, starting today.