This Sunday, April 22, is Earth Day! Here at Heifer HQ, the Arkansas Earth Day Foundation is hosting the 2012 Earth Day Festival on Saturday, April 21, on our campus in downtown Little Rock from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Festivities will include a kids' activities area with a rock-climbing wall, tie-dying, and crafts from recycled materials. Heifer will also have animals from the Heifer Ranch to show how food and income can be cultivated sustainably.
If you're not in the area this weekend, check out some of our blog posts from this week that will help you celebrate Earth Day:
- Let's Make Every Day Earth Day
- How To Celebrate Earth Day
- Happy Earth Week
- Heifer's Earth Day Board on Pinterest
- World Ark Managing Editor, Donna Stokes, had a guest post at the Hunger and Undernutrition Blog, "Achieving More by Working Together."
- Heifer supporters and staff hoofed it 12 miles for Heifer
- Follow our global blogging ambassador as she visits Heifer projects on the Heifer12x12.com blog.
Even though Earth Day is this weekend, Heifer and its projects work everyday to care for the Earth in a sustainable way. Read more here about how Heifer's model of holistic development doesn't stop with ending hunger.