I'm always surprised when it's Friday here at Heifer. I guess we are so busy throughout the days and weeks, Fridays seem to sneak up on me. Last week's weekly article roundup blog was focused on the famine in Somalia and the devistation that the country and people are facing from the drought in the Horn of Africa.
Sadly, the famine and drought isn't over yet. Here are some articles that we've been reading around the office dealing with the devastation the Horn of Africa is facing:
- Aid for the food crisis in the horn of Africa - get the date
- U.S. to announce $100M in Somalia famine funding
- Horn of Africa: How can the region be better prepared for recurrent drought?
- Doubling down on Somali Famine Aid
Of course, that's not all we are reading about this week. There were also a lot of articles about food stamps and the obesity epidemic in the U.S.:
- 15 Percent of Americas Are Now on Food Stamps
- Record 45.8 million receiving food stamps
- Is U.S. Farm Policy Feeding The Obesity Epidemic?
So that's what we've been reading around the Heifer office. What have you been reading?