Did you know that the United States uses 346 million gallons of fresh water every day? Lets see how we can all work together to save water, and not be a drip.
- Fix that leaky faucet. One drip a second can waste 2,000 gallons of water per year.
- Direct your rain gutters downspouts toward grassy areas to give the water a chance to soak into the ground
- Water your lawn only when necessary, rather than on a regular schedule, and consider landscaping only with native plants that are adaptable to your climates conditions.
- Run your clothes washer and dishwasher only when they are full. You can save up to 1,000 gallons a month
- Use the garbage disposal sparingly. Compost vegetable food waste instead and save gallons every time.
- For cold drinks keep a pitcher of water in the refrigerator instead of running the tap. This way, every drop goes down you and not the drain.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables in a pan of water instead of running water from the tap.