Environment Workshop Feeding 5000
Our Feeding 5000 Environment workshop gives students a great opportunity for hands-on interactions with soil, while reflecting on our stewardship of God’s creation.
SCRIPTURE Matthew 22:35-40, Mark 12:28-34, Luke 10:25-28
Jesus clearly shares the importance of loving our neighbors as ourselves in the Great Commandment. Heifer calls everyone to help a neighbor, whether next door or across the world. The recipient of an animal also has the honor of passing on the offspring, continuing to be a good neighbor. The human side of self-reliance goes hand-in-hand with respect for the environment, its sustainability and its indigenous culture.
• God created the Earth in a way to sustain all forms of life
• Personal choices we make can affect our environment
• Discuss ways Heifer promotes agroecology --agricultural practices that respect the environment and promote its sustainability
• Trainings combine the best local practices with new technology
• Project members Pass on the Gift by giving animals and sharing knowledge
• The gift of an animal can create lasting change