Lesson 2Your Connection to the Community
Available to download for free
In this Geography, Civics and Government lesson, your students will define what community is, describe different types of community from local to global and illustrate how members of a community cooperate with one another.
This lesson also includes an extension activity to help students celebrate and further define their knowledge of communities.
- Grades 1-2
National Standards Addressed
Common Core Language Arts
- Speaking and Listening SL.1.1,SL2.1
- Writing W.1.6, W.2.6
C3 Social Studies
- D2.Civ.2.K-2, D2.Civ.6.K-2, D4.7.K-2
- Rwanda, Africa
- Flora and the Runaway Rooster
- Whiteboard or chart paper
- Computers with PowerPoint
- Art supplies (optional)