Read to FeedFull Lesson Plan Kit
Available to download for free
This kit will help you prepare for and lead a successful Read to Feed Program. It shares the quick and easy steps of implementing the Read to Feed program along with ideas and resources to keep your kids motivated to reach their goal.
Additionally, this downloadable kit includes each of our lessons for first and second grades. These lessons focus on the on the concept of community and the connections between members of a community. Based on "Flora and the Runaway Rooster" by John Claude Bemis, the lessons have a geographic focus on the continent of Africa. Each unit is multidisciplinary and aligned with Common Core standards for English Language Arts and Math, Next Generation Science, C3 Standards for Social Studies, and professional organization standards for the Visual Arts and others. Each lesson was developed, reviewed and tested by an advisory group of professional educators from a variety of schools across the United States.
- Grades 1-2
- Read to Feed Leader's Guide
- Real Kids, Real Animals: Read to Feed Student's Guide
- Lessons 1-9
- The Story of Flora and the Runaway Rooster
- Read to Feed Student Goal Bookmarks
- Read to Feed Animal Coloring Pages
- Read to Feed Classroom Goal Poster
- Read to Feed Certificate
- Read to Feed Donation Form and Envelope