We’re halfway through The 12 Day of Heifer Holidays. And on the sixth day of Heifer Holidays, my true love gave to me … an alpaca!
There is a lot to love about alpacas. For instance:
- In their free time, alpacas love sunbathing.
- Alpaca wool is superpowered—it’s resistant to both flame and water. (It’s also super-soft and hypoallergenic—qualities that are less intimidating but no less important).
- The soft pads on their hooves let them walk around without disturbing the soil.
- When they eat, alpacas do a pretty decent lawnmower impression since they don’t pull up grass by the root.
- Although most alpacas live on the South American continent, they can adapt to just about anywhere.
Plus, they’re adorable.
But much more importantly, donating an alpaca can lift and keep a family out of poverty by providing high-quality wool to sell raw or use in handmade goods. Visit our catalog and donate an alpaca for the holidays!