It's day two of The 12 Days of Heifer Holiday, and we've got another great gift idea for you to give to your loved ones this year. On the second day of Heifer Holidays, my true love gave to me...a goat! Why?
Here are 10 reasons why goats make the best gifts:
1. Goats are possibly the original hipsters. Seriously, goats were into coffee way before it was mainstream.
According to an Ethiopian legend, a goat herder named Kaldi discovered the stimulating properties of the coffee berry after he noticed that his goats (bless their beautiful hides) had extra spring in their step after munching on the plant. He tried some of the berries himself and the rest is caffeinated history.
2. Goats are the best to play pranks on...
3. ...And the best at playing pranks.
4. Let's face it. Goat kids are the cutest kids.
5. Three words. Goats in coats.
6. Little-known fact: goats make great tree ornaments.
7. Let's face it. Everyone needs a skate-goat now and then.
8. Last and best, goats save lives by providing families with milk, cheese, butter, and yogurt to eat and sell. With the gift of a goat, a family can lift themselves out of hunger and poverty!
So what are you waiting for? Give the gift of goats this holiday season for smiles all around!