As of today, Worldbuilders has raised the astounding sum of more than $2,250,000 for Heifer!
Who are these Worldbuilders, you ask?
Worldbuilders is a charity founded by author Patrick Rothfuss in order to use the collective power of readers, fellow authors and book lovers to make the world a better place. Every year, authors, publishers, artists, game-makers, and all kinds of other creators donate cool prizes for the fundraiser. Everyone who donates through the Worldbuilders Team Heifer page is eligible to receive one or more of those cool books and swag at the end of the fundraiser, lottery-style.
Today is the last day to get in on the party, so go donate and win something cool before it's too late! Here's just a small taste of the kind of prizes you could take home:
- Signed books by great authors such as Neil Gaiman, John Green, Tad Williams, Holly Black, Brandon Sanderson and a host of others.
- A cruise! But not your average cruise...The JoCo Cruise is "a whole cruise ship full of music, comedy, and general nerdery. The 2017 cruise will depart from San Diego, CA on Saturday, March 4th from San Diego, CA for a 7-night adventure along the Sea of Cortez and will return on Saturday, March 11. Performers include Jonathan Coulton, Paul and Storm, and friends from across the music, comedy, gaming, and writing worlds."
- Jewelry inspired by your favorite stories, such as a Mjölnir pendant, Smaug necklace or the Harry Dresden Shield Bracelet.
- A cameo in an upcoming book! This is a truly unique prize. If you donate through certain pages, your likeness could appear in an upcoming comic book, or you might get to name a character! Check out Patrick's blog post for instructions on how to enter for a chance to win each cameo opportunity.
- Have a professional critique your manuscript! For aspiring authors, this is an invaluable prize. Professional, objective feedback is not easy to come by, but several generous authors, agents and editors have offered their time and expertise.
And as usual, the folks at Worldbuilders and their community have rewarded donors at every fundraising milestone with bigger and better acts of whimsy. When they hit one million, Neil Gaiman even returned to read to us again! This year's selection: The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe.
Again, we extend our thanks to the entire Worldbuilders community for their generosity and ingenuity. The world is a better, brighter place because of you!