A Heifer high-five and huge thank you to the more than 2000 people who came out to Heifer Farm’s Global Harvest Festival the first weekend of October! It was a milestone weekend for us, and we were so happy to celebrate Heifer’s work, sustainable agriculture, culture and community with you all.
And the best part? We’re getting ready for another party! All across the country Heifer International hosts holiday celebrations called Living Gift Markets.
At a traditional holiday bazaar, store or gift market, you’d shop for tangible items to buy gifts for friends and family. At a Living Gift Market, you shop for animals, like chickens, cows or honeybees, to give in honor of friends and family. These animals will transform lives all over the world. And this is one gift that never stops giving through Heifer’s Pass on the Gift, whereupon every family that receives an animal from Heifer passes on the offspring of that animal to another family in need.
So if you live in New England, come join us! The Living Gift Market at Heifer Farm in Rutland, MA will be December 6&7 and 13&14. Admission is a canned good to be donated to a local food pantry. Hours are 10am to 4pm.
Here’s a list of activities you can enjoy at Heifer Farm’s Living Gift Market:
- A whole barnyard of animals to meet and greet
- Chestnuts roasting over an open fire (yes, really!)
- Farm-to-table hot soup and homemade rolls
- Gingerbread cookie decorating for the kiddos
- Family holiday photos with a goat! #memorable
- Picturesque wagon ride to the Global Village (weather permitting)
- International crafts in the heated Poland and China Global Village sites
- Winter farm stand with root vegetables, baked goods and farm-raised meat
- Shopping in the fair trade Gift Shop featuring artisan crafts, jewelry, food, home décor, books and Heifer apparel
- The chance to honor loved ones by making a donation to support Heifer’s work to end hunger and poverty
It’s the perfect time of year to be thankful for all that we have, and to give back. Kids love helping decide which animal to purchase, and learning how animals help end hunger and poverty.
So don’t wait another moment, share this opportunity with a friend and mark your calendar!
Live too far to make it? The Living Gift Market at Heifer Ranch in Perryville, AR is on December 13 and 14, and you can even volunteer to run one where you live!