Explore the Possibilities. Create a Spark. Inspire Change. Transform Lives.
Be Part of the Solution
Alternative Mission Trips can foster strong relationships. Bring your group to one of Heifer's Learning centers to learn from each other, our animals and the environment. Each center offers a variety of programs that range in length from a couple of hours up to five nights, making it easy to find a mission trip that suits your group's needs.
Alternative Mission Trips Can:
- Build appreciation for all the gifts in our lives
- Inspire participants to want to help others
- Teach about the causes and sustainable solutions to hunger and poverty
- Build relationships through unique shared experiences
- Connect people to the land by learning how animals and people help each other
- Create experiences that can be incorporated into a self-led spiritual study
Time for Spiritual Activities
Each overnight mission trip program includes free time every day that your group can use to incorporate self-led prayer and spiritual studies. Learning Center staff does not facilitate any religious programming during the alternative mission trips.