- Our Work
- Get Involved
- Inside Heifer
- Ideas in Action
Heifer Learning Center at Heifer Ranch is a global educational campus and demonstration farm which provides experiential education that inspires, challenges and engages people to end hunger and poverty and care for the earth. The volunteers at Heifer Ranch work as a team to create experiences that change the lives of thousands of participants who then go on to change the lives of millions around the world.
Volunteers come from across the United States as well as other countries. They range from high school and college graduates to retirees. Heifer Ranch volunteers lead educational programming, care for livestock, tend the gardens, maintain facilities and provide operations support. View Heifer International Learning Center residential volunteer opportunities.
All volunteer positions are full-time with high levels of responsibility and set work schedules. Heifer Ranch provides communal on-site housing, noon meal, a stipend and a limited number of AmeriCorps educational awards. View Heifer International Learning Center residential volunteer opportunities.
LOCAL DAY VOLUNTEERING
Local day volunteers can serve full or part-time in many roles. To inquire about becoming a day volunteer, contact the volunteer office at email@example.com or call 501-889-5124.
1. All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
2. You must complete an application and pass a background check.
3. Required skill levels vary for all positions and preference is given to those that already possess the skills we are seeking.
4. To be a residential volunteer, you must serve a minimum of one month to three months dependant on the volunteer position and season that you are applying.
5. Residential volunteers work a minimum of 40 hours a week.
6. All transportation expenses are the responsibility of the applicant.
7. If English is not your native language, you are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), even if you are a U.S. citizen.
8. If required, all visa expenses are the responsibility of the applicant and accepted applicants must have obtained their visa at least six weeks prior to arrival.
For more information on volunteering at Heifer Ranch, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (501) 889-5124.