Play Dough is a staple of childhood fun. It's also incredibly easy to make! Try out this Earth-friendly recipe that we found on The Imagination Tree blog.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- Up to 1.5 cups water
- Food coloring (optional)
Here’s How You Do It:
- In a small pot, bring the water to a boil and add food coloring (if desired).
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil.*
- Add the boiling water to the flour mixture in small increments, stirring continuously until the mixture becomes a sticky, combined dough.
- Once the dough has cooled, remove from the bowl and knead vigorously until all stickiness has gone (adding additional flour if necessary).
- Present the newly created dough to your children and bask in the knowledge that you are, indeed, the coolest mom/dad/aunt/uncle/babysitter in the world.
*Pro Tip: to create scented play dough, add one packet of Jell-O (lemon or orange flavors work best) to the flour mixture before you add the boiling water.
Looking for more awesome DIY projects? Check out our blog series The Good Life!