Creating Social Change
Making a difference
When we talk about "social change," we're talking about people living happier, healthier and more productive lives. Social change is about enabling women to take control of their circumstances and find their own voice. It's about taking care of our natural resources, like fertile earth and clean water, so they can continue to take care of us. It's about giving families the resources they need not only to provide for themselves, but to Pass on the Gift and help their communities and neighborhoods grow as well.
We change the world by:
- Giving small-scale farmers the tools and resources they need to become self-sufficient
- Empowering the most vulnerable and marginalized, especially women
- Working with at least 1,000 families at a time to better address the scope of hunger and poverty
- Partnering with governments, nonprofits, and networks to deliver programs and services
- Providing tools and training for community members to ensure a greater impact that goes beyond Heifer
Creating a better future
Heifer International has sewn the seeds of progress in more than 30 countries around the globe. We are working to address the underlying issues facing communities ravaged by joblessness, poor economies, starvation, pollution and inequality.
We can create meaningful, positive change in the world, but it takes all of us working together. Each of us has a part to play in ending poverty and hunger for good. Find out how you can help.