EADD in Uganda is being implemented in the central districts of Sembabule, Masaka, Mpigi, Wakiso, Mityana, Kiboga, Nakaseke, Luweero, Nakasongora, Masindi, Mukono, Kayunga and Jinja.
See Google map of our office in Kampala.
EADD has earmarked ten milk collection hubs with chilling plants where farmers bring raw milk for bulking and chilling before pick-up by commercial dairies. There are also additional 5 traditional hubs (TMs) whose activities seek to achieve multiple goals including providing a range of business services to farmers and traditional traders, leveraging farmers’ position with traditional traders through collective bargaining and improving the demand for quality milk.
EADD in Uganda is targeting to improve the livelihoods of 45,000 households in the project’s lifetime.
Key highlights of EADD Uganda
- Farmer mobilizations
- Training of farmers in group dynamics and governance, artificial insemination(AI) and improved fodder
- Farmer trainers have been trained and facilitated with bicycles to help them access rural farmers
- Animal health providers trained
- AI refresher course has been conducted for AI technicians
- the establishment of AI centers
- Insemination of cows is on-going
- Fodder demonstration plots have been established
- Farmer exchange visits have been organized locally and to some mature hubs in Kenya
- Business opportunity seminar conducted in BUBUSI
EADD Uganda Sites
- Kiboga district: Kiboga West Livestock Cooperative Society and Nsambya Livestock Cooperative Society.
- Mpigi district: Maddu Farmers Co-operative.
- Sembambule district: Nabitanga Dairy Farmers and Mitima Dairy Farmers Group.
- Masindi district: Masindi Dairy Farmers Co-operative Society Ltd.
- Luweero district: Luweero Dairy development Co-operative Society Ltd.
- Nakaseke district: Kinyogoga Co-operative Society.
- Nakasongora district: Nabiswera Co-operative Society.
- Kayunga district: Bbale County Livestock Farmers Co-operative Society.
- Mityana district: Mityana Women Development Association (SACU) & Tusubira Women HPI Group.
- Masaka district: MADDO HPI Farmers Group.
- Mukono district: Seeta-Misindye & Buikwe Dairy Co-operative Limited.
- Jinja district:Jinja HIV-Women HPI Group
- EADD is also working with an umbrela co-operative, BUBUSI Co-operative Society Limited which expands to four districts including Wakiso, Mityana, Kiboga and Nakaseke.