A recent blog post by Donna Stokes (Heifer International) interviews EADD Director Moses Nyabila on the importance of public-private partnerships.
He mentions 5 ways to attract partners to work together:
- Use an incremental approach. Ask partners to provide one or two things for a project and provide them with full credit for their work. Small successes lead to larger partnerships.
- Involve partners in the proposal from the start. Invite them to be part of the decision-making process.
- Scale projects appropriately. You need to show partners that their money goes directly to the program. Offer transparency and be ready to demonstrate good use of the resources.
- Use media intelligently. If potential partners see that the work you do is getting attention, then they will want to work with you.
- Maintain credibility. You have to deliver results.