Heifer International’s Zambia office is proud to announce Zambia’s first annual dairy forum in Lusaka on December 20, 2012. The Heifer Zambia office was approached by the organizers to put together a presentation and develop strategies for making this dairy forum successful in achieving two significant objectives under the theme of “Dairy for nutrition, incomes and job creation.”
The Government of Zambia would like to get input that will contribute to livestock development policies currently under development. Additionally, they would like for the stakeholders in attendance to provide key priority areas that will promote rapid growth in the dairy sector, meeting or exceeding the country’s great potential in this area.
Four agencies will support the coordination of the agenda for this event alongside Heifer Zambia. They include representatives from the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Development, Agriculture Consultative Forum, Dairy Association of Zambia and SNV.
Together these agencies are at the forefront of dairy sector development in Zambia, and Heifer Zambia is proud to be a part of this momentous occasion with key presentations to include:
- Historical Perspectives and Current Status of the Performance and Competitiveness of the Dairy Sub Sector in Zambia by Prof. Pandey (GART)
- Government Policy, Incentives and Programs Supporting the Diary Industry by the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock
- Dairy Sub Sector Challenges and Opportunities; Community and women empowerment in the dairy sub sector: Challenges and opportunities by Heifer International
- Private-Public Partnerships in the Dairy Sub Sector by World Food Program
- Dairy Markets for Smallholder Farmers: Innovations, Opportunities and Challenges by MUSIKA
This event is strictly by invitation only and will take place in the Government Complex, Lusaka, Zambia.