Easter is just a few days away, and now is the perfect time to begin planning on how you can make the day a little bit ‘greener.’
- Reuse baskets you already have around the house for Easter Day and gifts.
- Buy local eggs to dye and eat.
- Use a natural egg dye, they’re safer.
- If you’re planning a Easter dinner, buy local food from a farmers market for your meal.
- Instead of chocolate bunnies, buy fair trade chocolate instead.
- Consider using paper grass instead of plastic grass for Easter baskets. Once Easter is over, compost the paper grass.
- Don’t spend money on cut, store-bought flowers. Instead, buy flowers that you can plant and will grow in a container or a yard.
- Instead of real gifts, give a Heifer gift.
So how will you be making your Easter greener?