The next time someone asks how we can end hunger, just respond with, “Empower women.” We at Heifer celebrated International Women’s Day yesterday with stories of how extraordinary women have taken the tools they have learned from their training and lifted entire communities out of hunger.
Not only did we share wonderful stories on our blog, but we were also picked up by the Huffington Post and MSNBC.com. What better way to celebrate International Women’s Day then sharing our work with everyone that we can!
Of course, we weren’t the only ones celebrating International Women’s day. Check out these great articles:
- International Women’s Day: Celebrating the Power of Women to Nourish the Planet
- Women are Amazing: They could build 28 Empire State Buildings today via Water.org
- If We Invest in Women, They Can Feed the World via Gates Foundation
- FAO releases tool to assist rural communities
- UN pledges more food aid for rural Zimbabwe
- Arkansas farmers want in on school lunches