My primary job as a writer here at Heifer’s headquarters is to turn semi-annual progress reports from projects into nice-looking, easy to read reports for our donors. Each report usually includes a story, but I recently came across a recipe that looks easy enough to prepare and definitely delicious. It’s possible something has been lost in translation and interpretation, but I’ve done my best. If I attempt to make it soon, I’ll report back on how it goes (you should, too).
Fried Rice Bananas
3-5 bananas, mature but not fully ripe
fried rice seasoning
Indonesian kecap and/or soy sauce
optional add-ins and garnishes: meat, egg, squid, prawns, cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce
1. Discard the ends of the un-peeled bananas, then wash with water
2. Steam bananas until cooked, but not until they break open (10-15 minutes)
3. Cool bananas down and peel the skin clean
4. Grate bananas to rice-like consistency
5. Fry bananas with fried rice seasoning, kecap and soy sauce
6. As desired, add meat, eggs, etc.
7. Serve on a plate decorated with tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce