Heifer International President and CEO named to InterAction BoardLITTLE ROCK, Ark.
Heifer International President and CEO Pierre Ferrari was recently appointed to the Board of Directors for InterAction, an alliance organization of NGOs based in Washington, D.C.
Ferrari was elected in early June and will serve on the board for six years. Other newly elected board members include:
- Tosca Bruno-van Vijfeijken - Director for Education and Practitioner Engagement at the Transnational NGO Initiative
- Steve Davis - President and CEO – Path.org
- Deborah Derrick - President – Friends of the Global Fight Against AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
- Douglas Rutzen - President and CEO - International Center for Not-for-Profit Law
- Donald Steinberg - President and CEO – World Learning
InterAction has more than 180 member organizations working in every developing country. According to the website, members are faith-based and secular, large and small, with a focus on the world’s most poor and vulnerable populations. InterAction is the largest alliance of U.S. private voluntary organizations and partners identified as associate members.
"It is a great honor to be elected to InterAction’s Board of Directors,” Ferrari said. “I look forward to working with industry peers to help shape the world for a better future."
About Heifer International:
Heifer International’s mission is to end hunger and poverty while caring for the Earth. For 70 years, Heifer International has provided livestock and environmentally sound agricultural training to improve the lives of those who struggle daily for reliable sources of food and income. Heifer is currently working in more than 30 countries, including the United States, to help families and communities become more self-reliant. For more information, visit www.heifer.org, read our blog, follow us on Facebook or Twitter, or call 1-888-5HUNGER (888-548-6437).