Heifer International offers a competitive, comprehensive benefit package to full-time employees (those working 30 or more hours a week). These benefits are only available for U.S. based positions. The following information highlights our U.S. benefits package.
- 403(b) Savings Plan (Employee 100 percent vested after 3 years of employment). Heifer contributes to an employee's 403b retirement plan in two parts: 1) Heifer will make a three percent discretionary contribution directly into the employee’s 403(b) retirement plan, and 2) Heifer will provide a match of one percent (employee) to two percent (Heifer), up to a maximum four percent contribution by Heifer.
- Pre-tax Deductions – Available for medical, dental and vision health care premiums.
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Available for un-reimbursed medical expenses and dependent day care expenses.
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage – Premiums paid 100 percent by Heifer. Short-term begins after 10 days of disability and is paid at 60 percent of gross wages. Long-term begins at 180 days of disability and is paid at 60 percent of gross wages.
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance – Premiums paid 100 percent by Heifer. $75,000 life insurance coverage. $75,000 accidental death and dismemberment insurance. Additional Voluntary Life Insurance coverage available for employees, spouses and children. Domestic partnership coverage available.
- Health Coverage– 73 percent of premiums are paid by Heifer International. Domestic partner coverage available for both plan options below.
- Option A - Low Deductible Plan - $750/Individual, $1,500/Family deductible. 80/20 coinsurance.
- Option B - High Deductible Plan - $2000 deductible/individual. $4000 deductible/family. 100% coinsurance. No co-payments for doctor visits or prescriptions.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) - Available only to employees who enroll in the High Deductible Plan. The HSA can be used to help self-fund the higher deductible with pre-tax dollars. Balances can be carried over from year to year - there is no "use it or lose it" provision.
- Dental Coverage - 73 percent of premiums are paid by Heifer International. Two routine periodic examinations per year paid 100 percent. Domestic partner coverage available.
- Vision Coverage – Co-pay of $10 for eye exams and $25 for prescription glasses. Domestic partner coverage available.
- E-doc America Assistance – Personal access to a doctor from any computer with internet access. www.edocamerica.com
- Compass Professional Health Services - www.compassphs.com/getconnected
- Voluntary Cancer, Hospital Indemnity, Critical Care and Accident Coverage through AFLAC. Heifer has a Smoke Free Campus to help employees maintain their quality of life by providing a healthy, comfortable, and productive work environment.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)– Confidential, free service designed to help employees and their families with personal or work related problems.
- Flex Time– Opportunity to work alternate work schedules in some positions.
- LegalShield - Legal support for financial, auto, home, estate issues, family matters and much more.
- Heifer's "Moove It" Wellness Program - This free voluntary program offers the necessary tools to help employees lead a healthier lifestyle by providing tools and support to live healthy and well. Heifer International has partnered with Viverae, a leading provider of health management services, to bring employees the latest health and wellness content, educational programs, and an online community to help keep participants motivated.
- Paid Leave:
- 22 vacation days per year (available immediately upon accrual)
- 10 holidays per year (available from day one)
- 10 sick days per year
- Childbirth and parental leave
- Compassionate leave
- Voting leave/Jury duty leave
- *Vacation and sick leave is pro-rated based on scheduled hours
Note: Some Heifer International benefits may be pro-rated or are not available to employees working less than 30 hours per week.
Health, Dental and Vision coverage begins on the first day of the month following the employee's date of hire. If the employee starts on the first day of the month benefits begin immediately on the first day. (Please note exception on 403(b) plan).